As mandated by the Federal Government, all gyms and recreation centres will temporarily close as of 12:00pm (noon) today, Monday 23 March 2020. The following centres will be closed:
- Kilgariff Recreation Centre
- Henry Scott Recreation Centre
- Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre – Gym only
- There are no confirmed cases of the virus among any of our centre staff or members
- All memberships, including term memberships and visit passes, will automatically be placed on suspension during the period of closure and you will not be charged
- The Swimming Pool at Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre will remain open at this stage. A limit of 100 patrons on site at any time is now in effect.
- Due to the vulnerability of the young people who access the Youth Services that usually run at Henry Scott Recreation centre, the youth programs will continue but in a modified, outdoor environment with strict hygiene and social distancing measures in place.
For the most up-to-date information, including best-practice hygiene and information to avoid spreading the virus, please refer to the following websites:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Northern Territory Government
Where can I get more information?
More information about Novel Coronavirus can be found on the NT Health website: coronavirus.nt.gov.au
The Y are committed to doing everything we can to support the health and safety of every member of our community. We understand that these uncertain times and are happy to help in any way we can. Please do your best to stay calm, support your neighbours and your community, and look after each other while we navigate this challenge together.