We welcome volunteers
Volunteering with the YMCA is an opportunity for personal and professional growth through assisting with the delivery of programs and services. By volunteering for the Y, you are developing your skills and helping to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
YMCA of the Northern Territory is committed to providing a Child Safe environment to all children who come into contact with us. Accordingly, to b e considered for volunteering, all applicants must complete our pre-employment questions and all relevant pre-employment screens and checks.
Become a volunteer. Join our Remote Pools Program.
Open positions – actively recruiting:
Help make meaningful change in Remote Communities this summer by joining a team of likeminded volunteers to improve the health and wellbeing of remote communities.
We are recruiting passionate individuals for the following positions:
- Pool coordinators
- Pool lifeguards
Please see Position Descriptions for more information about these roles.
About the Remote Pools Project:
The Remote Pools Program is a YMCA community health program aimed at improving the physical and emotional wellbeing of remote communities in Kintore, Santa Teresa & Areyonga.
2021/22 Program period: November 2021 – March 2022
Locations: Kintore, Santa Teresa & Areyonga
The programs is designed to improve health and education in remote communities and promote positive long-term health outcomes for all.
- To operate safe and secure pools for all; building much needed water safety awareness, training & tuition in remote communities.
- To improve water safety among remote Aboriginal communities.
- To promote healthy behaviours and reduce issues around chronic illnesses and infectious diseases.
- To bring communities together, better connecting locals with each other.
- To reduce skin infections, including scabies.
- To reduce ear infections & hearing loss.
When you join the Remote Pools Project volunteer team you become part of the Y movement, a supportive and inspirational network connected by likeminded goals and beliefs.
There are extensive personal benefits to volunteering in the program; some of which include:
- Connections. Making new lifelong friendships & join a network of likeminded individuals
- Education. Gaining new skills, training & experiences.
- Be inspired. Being inspired by the challenge, adventure & being part of positive societal change.
- Learn. Gain a deeper understanding of Indigenous culture & contribute to the reconciliation movement.
To learn more about the roles on offer and the Remote Pools Program make an enquiring:
Or call us on: 0498 663 211