The Remote Pools Project
Become a volunteer. Join our Remote Pools Program.
Open positions – actively recruiting:
Help make meaningful change in Remote Communities this summer by joining a team of likeminded volunteers to improve the health and wellbeing of remote communities.
We are recruiting passionate individuals for the following positions:
- Pool coordinators
- Pool lifeguards
Please see Position Descriptions for more information about these roles.
About the Remote Pools Project:
The Remote Pools Program is a YMCA community health program aimed at improving the physical and emotional wellbeing of remote communities in Kintore, Santa Teresa & Areyonga.
2021/22 Program period: November 2021 – March 2022
Locations: Kintore, Santa Teresa & Areyonga
The programs is designed to improve health and education in remote communities and promote positive long-term health outcomes for all.
- To operate safe and secure pools for all; building much needed water safety awareness, training & tuition in remote communities.
- To improve water safety among remote Aboriginal communities.
- To promote healthy behaviours and reduce issues around chronic illnesses and infectious diseases.
- To bring communities together, better connecting locals with each other.
- To reduce skin infections, including scabies.
- To reduce ear infections & hearing loss.
When you join the Remote Pools Project volunteer team you become part of the Y movement, a supportive and inspirational network connected by likeminded goals and beliefs.
There are extensive personal benefits to volunteering in the program; some of which include:
- Connections. Making new lifelong friendships & join a network of likeminded individuals
- Education. Gaining new skills, training & experiences.
- Be inspired. Being inspired by the challenge, adventure & being part of positive societal change.
- Learn. Gain a deeper understanding of Indigenous culture & contribute to the reconciliation movement.
To learn more about the roles on offer and the Remote Pools Program make an enquiry:
Or call us on: 0498 663 211