COVID-19 Update - August 2021
Important COVID-SAFE update - 19th August 2021:
At the Y, our mission is to support healthy, happy communities.
That’s why we are committed to re-opening our services in the safest way possible.
We are adhering to and implementing COVID-safety measures in our early learning, vacation care, youth and recreation services. These measures are in line with health department guidelines and the latest Northern Territory government restrictions.
- - Our pools in Darwin (Casuarina, Nightcliff and Parap) are re-opening on Friday 20th of August (regular operating hours) to allow adequate time for our COVID-safe measures to be implemented.
- - Our recreation center in Katherine (Henry Scott Recreation Centre) is re-opening on Friday 27th of August.
- - Our aquatic center in Katherine will re-open tomorrow, Friday 20th of August at 2pm.
- - Our Palmerston Youth Centre (PYC) will re-open tomorrow, Friday 20th of August.
- - Our Palmerston Youth space (Y Uptop) will re-open on Monday 23rd of August.
- - Our hostel continues to be operational and we are now accepting new guests.
- Our early learning and vacation care services will resume normal operations and are open to all families as of today (Thursday 19th of August); with the exception of our Little Mangoes Childcare Centre in Katherine which will remain operational to children of essential workers only – until further notice.
Important COVID-SAFE update- 16th August 2021:
At the Y, our mission is to support healthy, happy communities. We recognize the pressures and challenges that our communities face, especially during these uncertain times.
The 72 hour stay-at-home announcements have placed additional pressure on our communities. That’s why we are committed to adhering to and implementing timely measures in our early learning, vacation care, youth and recreation services, to help keep our communities safe. These measures are line with the governments’ latest restrictions.
Temporary changes to our services in Darwin, Palmerston and Katherine
- - Pools in Darwin (Casuarina, Nightcliff and Parap) are temporarily closed.
- - Recreation center in Katherine is temporarily closed.
- - Pool in Katherine is temporarily closed.
- - Youth drop-in centers in Palmerston are temporarily closed.
- - Hostel is operational but we are not accepting new guests.
- - Early learning and out of school hours services remain open to essential workers only and comprehensive hygiene measures have been implemented across all centers.
We are here to support young people -
If you are a young person who requires support during this time, please contact us at our Palmerston Youth Centre hotline: 0417493748