We are thrilled to announce that YMCA Recreation facilities are once again open for business!
As per advice from the Northern Territory Government, in association with the Chief Medical Officer and the Department of Health, and in conjunction with our contract partners, to reduce the spread of COVID-19, increased sanitisation and social distancing measures remain in place across all of our facilities. Many of the initiatives now in place will have an impact on how you use your YMCA. Please review the below changes and initiatives to help ensure a positive experience.
YNT Response to COVID-19 Recreation and Aquatics
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day santising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- All visits are to be under 2 hours. While we are thrilled to have you back, we ask you to adhere to the principle of 'come, train, and head home'.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- We ask our customers to adhere to all social distancing guidelines. Signage has been placed around the centre to remind everyone of social distancing requirements (1.5m distances and 4 sq meter per person) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- If you have any respiratory symptoms, including loss of smell, nasal symptoms, sore throat, tired, cough or fever, please stay home and stay away from other people and arrange to be tested for COVID-19.
- We will operate cashless accepting payment exclusively by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable. Please bring a water bottle from home or purchase one from the centre.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our staff at the Centres.
Child Care Support
We are pleased to see new Federal Government incentives to support working families needing child care during these unprecedented times. However, as this information has only just been released, we do not yet have all the details. Be assured that we are as keen as you are to understand what this means for you and will analyse and update you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please see the link to the official media release from the Prime Minister's Office today.